5 Summer Deep Cleaning Tips Not To Miss.
At Clean Couture, we strive to be the best cleaning company in Miami area and Broward, and summer deep cleaning is our favorite challenge, where we focus on your home’s unique needs. Memorial Day marks the beginning of summer, and here in South Florida, we have some challenges to deal with when it comes to cleaning.
Today we would like to share some tips that, in addition to general cleaning, will help you to maintain your home. And these are also part of our deep cleaning regimen that we specifically follow in the summer months. For us in South Florida, it’s also a wet season, so we must watch out for moisture control, which we include even in maid service and our vacation property cleaning plan.
- Clean your air conditioner filter: it is imperative in our hot, humid climate. A dirty filter can reduce the airflow in your air conditioner, making it less effective at cooling your home. And, of course, it can also save you money on your electricity bill.
- Clean your fans. Fans can also collect dust and dirt, making them less effective at circulating air. To clean your fans, use a vacuum cleaner attachment to remove dust and dirt from the blades and housing. You may follow with a damp rag to clean the blades.
- Clean your windows. Clean windows let in more light, which can help to keep your home cooler in the summer. And enjoying the view through the clear windows is always more pleasurable. Use a mild soap and water solution and a squeegee to clean your windows.
- Clean your laundry room. The laundry room is often damp, which can create an environment for mold and mildew. Use a disinfectant cleaner to clean all surfaces in the laundry room, including the washer, dryer, and sink. Besides, inspecting the washing machines for leaks can save you from costly repairs. And remember the air ducts on your dryer machine. Clogged ducts increase drying time, which can cost more electricity consumption, and most importantly, it’s one of the leading causes of residential fires.
- Clean your outdoor areas. If you have a patio, deck, or pool, be sure to clean them regularly. This will help prevent mold, mildew, and algae growth. It’s also essential to keep food sources unattainable by different wildlife unless you want to see them in your backyard.
In addition to these tips, regular floor and surface maintenance is essential to prevent mold and mildew growth. Our cleaning technicians are trained to spot problem areas, and we always alert homeowners to possible issues that may arise. We don’t just come to clean your home; we treat it as a space we care for. A lot of our clients travel during the summer for extended periods. But relying on us to maintain and watch over their home can help them to save thousands of dollars in the long term.
One more thing to remember is that while we all hope to be spared from hurricanes, being prepared is essential even if you plan on traveling. So stocking up on water, non-perishable food, medications, batteries, phone charging banks, and lanterns can make you feel more secure and comfortable if dangerous situations arise.
As always, we are here for you if you need help with your house cleaning, whether deep cleaning, regular cleaning, or vacation property cleaning. We offer a $50 discount for deep cleaning till Jun 30th, enter the fifty code on this booking form, or you can contact us here to schedule your regular cleaning.
Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend, have fun this summer, and make it memorable for years!